We hope you are all staying safe, healthy, and informed during this very challenging time.
The continuing health and well-being of our veterans, our staff and board, and our community is and will remain, a top priority for Homes 4 Families. Effective immediately, Homes 4 Families will take the following actions to protect the health and safety of our community:
- All volunteer builds and events have been postponed until further notice
- All in-person workshops and classes for our veterans have been postponed until further notice. However, staff will be available to make sure our veterans are functioning well during this challenge.
- We will be offering conference call support groups for our military families at least twice per week to help them stay connected socially and to allow for their stress to be abated.
- Because lost income and scarce resources are especially difficult for low-income families, we will be proactive in helping our families find access to financial assistance, disaster assistance, food resources, childcare resources, and more they may need.
- We will help keep our families up-to-date with only credible and reliable news sources.
- We will process homeownership applications over the phone and through email.
- Homes 4 Families will initiate work-from-home practices as needed by staff members, or as mandated by our government officials.
We are closely following the guidance of the City of Los Angeles, the County of Los Angeles, and the State of California to take steps that can help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Because of your past support, over 600 individuals have gained access to safe and affordable homeownership, which is more important now than ever. We sincerely thank you on their behalf. We know that these are uncertain and unpredictable times, but if you are able to help donate, it would greatly help Homes 4 Families continue our mission of building homes and providing services to veterans when this all gets better.
Let’s all stay informed, safe, and healthy. We will get through this as a community.
Your friends at Homes 4 Families